When I first heard that Lego was coming out with a new line of ninja figures I knew they'd hit a home run. What I didn't realize then was that the evil geniuses at Lego had also devised a game for these figures. Needless to say, Ninjago has been a huge hit with my kids and their friends.
This past weekend we stopped at Toys R Us for their Ninjago Spinjitzu Training Camp. I was a little underwhelmed by their setup, but the boys loved it. Let's be honest, when it comes to kids all you really need us is a table and a few bowls of Legos and they'll entertain themselves for hours. They boys had fun modifying their Ninjago bases and battling some of the other kids who turned up for the event.
I don't know if Toys R Us has anymore Ninjago training camps planned, but keep an eye on their events page.
If you missed the training camp and have a Ninjago fan in your house, make a stop at Lego's Ninjago Truck Tour.
Get set for all-out Ninjago action as the “Spinjitzu Masters” tour hits the road this summer!
• Train to become a master of the ancient art of Spinjtizu.
• Enjoy the thrill of Ninjago spinner battle with your friends.
• Become a Ninjago expert as you learn the secrets of Sensei Wu and Lord Garmadon.
Look for the Ninjago “Spinjitzu Masters” tour in these cities:
* Enfield, CT – June 3-4
* Norfolk Harborfest – Norfolk, VA – June 10-12
* Fair St. Louis - St. Louis, MO – July 2-4
* Art in the Park, Plymouth, MI - July 8-10
* Ohio State Fair - Columbus, OH – July 28-31
* Indiana State Fair – Indianapolis, IN – August 5-7
* Oregon State Fair – Salem, OR – August 26-28
* LEGOLAND® California – September 2-5